The word “volunteer” comes from 14th century Latin (voluntarius) and means “willing, of one’s free will.” Joy and meaning are yours when you give willingly, from your own free will. So, choose what interests you from our volunteer positions below. Then contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
Clinical volunteers provide services at housing sites as well as patients’ homes around the Denver metro area. Volunteering helps patients maintain their quality of life and independence.
- Greeters: You do NOT have to be a healthcare professional for this position. Your role is to greet patients, pull their charts and weigh them in before they see the nurses at the Wellness Clinics.
- Registered Nurses: At Wellness Clinics, you assess vital signs, provide counseling, health information, and assistance with medication protocol ― as well as in-depth holistic care.
- Patient Health Advocates: You do NOT have to be a healthcare professional for this position. You support the nurses by advocating for patient health and psychosocial needs. You connect patients to community resources to address those gaps in their care.
- Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dieticians, Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals: Your expertise is needed for various opportunities in the Wellness Clinics.
- Friendly Visitors/Pastoral Care Volunteers: You can help reduce patients’ feelings of isolation by providing social visits in person or by phone. This helps to improve their health (and maybe yours) by feeding their soul and spirit.
DHHA Organization volunteers provide the brain and muscle for fundraising events, maintenance of the main house and offices and various other purposeful activities that arise.
- Development and Event Committee volunteers: Do you want to participate in the magic of developing and creating events for fundraising purposes and/or church outreach efforts? Here’s your opportunity.
- Handymen/women: We always need help with painting, plumbing, carpentry and other odd jobs around the convent and office area. Do you have the skills and desire?
- Equipment Repair Technicians: After some usage, our Durable Medical Equipment (DME) may need your loving hands to repair it. And sometimes we receive valuable equipment that requires a little help before someone who desperately needs it can reap the benefits.
- Green Thumbs: Please help with our lawn, garden, and landscaping needs!
- Community Organization, Private Group, or Corporate volunteers: DHHA is an organization that can greatly benefit from your team-building service days/events. We have ample ideas to complement yours.
Students’ Clinical Rotation/Internship opportunities have a long history with DHHA. We host students who learn about healthcare and administration for the poor sick and elderly. We can host the following kinds of students:
- Social Work
- Masters of Public Health
- Marketing, Development, Communications, Social Media
- Non-Profit Management
- Pastoral Care / Chaplains
- High School students in need of community service hours
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator
We welcome you and your skills and compassion; you will make a significant impact on the lives of the poor and vulnerable in our community. Please fill out and send back the application below to Ingrid Wicker (our Volunteer Coordinator) to begin your new journey.
Phone: 303-322-1413, extension 16